Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What was I thinking!

I've had the idea for a while to switch some rooms around in the house and yesterday I started the project. Mind you it's just me and the boys at home and Austin had been throw up sick Sunday and we went to the doctor yesterday with Coop and he has an ear infection and pink eye! So, with the blessing of my hubby as he walked out the door for work he said, "I'll do whatever you want." (Meaning moving the big stuff.) So I set to work right away and cleared out Coop's room, the nursery.

The crib wouldn't fit out the door together, so I took it apart half way, just to manipulate it out the door. Once that room was clean, I moved the office stuff in Coop's "old room". And then moved toys and shelves to the old office. I did break a desk, that I wanted to get rid of and Charlie wanted to keep. It was not on purpose, but as soon as it broke I thought, Charlie's not going to believe this! I ventured up to the attic for an old table, brought it down, cleaned it, and put it together.

Charlie came home from work and did the big jobs. Took the broken desk to his truck to throw away, put the crib and changing table in the attic. All that's left to do is clean out closets and organize.

I think Cooper was in the most shock! His "room" is gone, his bed is gone and now he's sleeping with his brother! I kept asking him if he wanted to sleep with Bubba in the big boy bed and he answered NO. Both the boys did GREAT sleeping together. Cooper stayed in bed and Austin loved sleeping on the top bunk. We had told Austin that he couldn't sleep on the top until he was 5, so only three weeks away til 5 and in his words, "I can't believe I can sleep on the top bunk and I'm not even 5!" Small thrills!

I'll take pics of the "new" rooms when all is said and done. So, what was I thinking? Spring Cleaning, I guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain in changing rooms around ~ Bless you girl!