Monday, January 5, 2009

Coop's Birthday Party

A couple days after Cooper's Birthday we had a little party for him. Just family and a friend over for dinner after worship on a Sunday night. We celebrated just like Lightning McQueen at the race track with chili dogs, Frito chili pies and chips & dip. Easy and yummy!Cooper finally opened up his first gift after a little help, but then was just happy to have a new Mack truck. He didn't want to open anything else up! Slowly he learned the process...you get to keep opening up gifts!

A card that plays music!!! That's a fun gift by itself, who needs more?!

The fun crowd of kiddos. I think someone had just gotten in trouble...no smiles!

This is the first character cake I had made. It was intimidating at first, but turned out cute and was easy. So, if anyone ever needs a Lightning McQueen cake pan, let me know!
Happy 2nd Birthday Coop!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

My kids were the same way at Christmas. They get tired of opening more gifts (go figure). I'm quite sure that will change in the future!

Rebecca said...

You didn't mention how yummy the cake was too!!!

Anonymous said...

I could have used a cake just like that back in October! Jay had his party up here and I was in charge of the cake. Jay wanted a Lighting McQueen. We found a lady that could make one and all turned out ok.....BUT I LOVE yours...his!!

Leah said...

Looks like a fun time! I love his cake! You're pretty awesome mom!

Rebecca said...

I don't know why the picture wouldn't come up for you. Mom said it took a while for it to load on her computer.

Kara said...

Cooper is so cute! And that cake looks great!

Melissa Lester said...

Very cute party! We will miss having Coop in the 12-24 months class!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!! I can't believe he is two! I love the cake, super creative... :-)