Monday, April 28, 2008

Motorcycle Cake






I love making my boys birthday cakes! When Austin told me he wanted a motorcycle cake, my wheels started spinning. I went to the Internet to look for ideas, but they were all in the shape of a motorcycle. So, when I found toy motorcycles at the store they were wrapped up as a birthday gift. Then once Austin opened the present, I put the motorcycles away and told him they were decoration for his cake and once he blew out his candles he could take them off the cake and play with them. He was fine with the plan.

I baked a large sheet cake and two small oval cakes. The oval cakes were attached with icing and then shaped into the hills for the cake. The "dirt" for the track was made from Graham Cracker crumbs. This was a fun and easy cake to make. And it was yummy too!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

How creative! It looks great and yummy, too!

Kristi said...

That cake is so cute! Your kids (and Melissa L's) will be the b'day cake talk one day... :)

Louise said...

The Ladies Day was at Hunter Hills. The book is really good. It is not written by a member of the church but it makes some good points. I don't think I'm quite ready to jump in front of the UCC ladies just yet though!! :)

Michelle said...

That is an awesome cake!!!

TxMermaid said...

I was browsing the web hoping to find a motorcycle cake to make for my 2 year old nephews birthday, who already rides a dirt bike...Your creative cake was awesome and I'm going to give it a whirl by making it. Thanks for sharing the photo's!

Anonymous said...

I love the motorcycle cake! I was searching the internet for a motorcycle cake design for my son's 10th birthday and came across your site. It's a great design. We ride quads (ATV's) on the dunes in Pismo. I'll modify your design just a bit to match our riding, but thanks for the idea! BTW, my youngest son is Cooper also!

sara said...

your cake is awesome! i used yours as an inspiration for my son (he wanted a motorcycle cake that played songs). thanks for posting the pictures! i just put pictures up of ours, it pales in comparison to yours! :)