Monday, April 7, 2008

Gran-Gran Moves In

My Grandmother has moved down from Florence to live with my parents. She has dementia and she does not need to be alone. She's had trouble with driving and her medicines. This was an obvious decision for my parents yet, difficult. They have cared for my other grandmother in the same way several years ago.


But, Gran-Gran says she is only here for a few weeks to visit. This is going to be a long and stressful journey for those involved. Gran-Gran is a wonderful lady who is wise and spunky.

So...say an extra prayer that the right decisions can be made and life will continue as it should.


Here's Gran-Gran with the boys.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I know that things will all work out... That doesn't mean the journey will not be difficult. I know your parents will do what is best for them, and your grandmother. I will be thinking of all of you.

Unknown said...

What a precious picture of your kids with your grandmother! I know she will love having y'all around. :-)