Monday, February 4, 2008

Coop Update

Cooper seems to be ok from the recent crib fall, but while that was going on he started wheezing again. Oh, the thoughts of Nov. came flooding back! But, we knew more this time what we were doing. He had to do breathing treatments every four hours for two days and then three times a day for a couple days. He doing much better now. Thanks for all the prayers! So we've taken it easy and are trying to get this household well.

Here's my soapbox about sickness at church. If you're a teacher at UCC, please ask your supervisor to keep Lysol wipes and spray stocked in your classroom. And then as teachers USE IT regularly. I know at school everyday we spray the classroom with Lysol and usually twice a week, or more, all the children will help clean with Lysol wipes. Shouldn't we be as careful at church? It makes me so discouraged when the toys they've played with, drooled on, and handled are just put back to sit in that sickness for the children to use in a couple days. Even in the K5 class I'm teaching, I want to spray and wipe down the tables, supply boxes, chairs, etc. after class. Just a little sanitizing here, please!

Just a little exciting news, I had my first $1000 Pampered Chef show! A nice accomplishment in the business.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems like there's sickness anywhere. We just got Ian to feeling better and he's already complaining of a sore throat again! Hope Cooper's feeling better soon! Talk to you later ~

Kristi said...

I totally agree with your statement. And, I would second it with... If your child is coughing, sick... keep them at home! I had one child tell me twice on Sunday that her sister was at home throwing up. Made me nauseated to think about it. I am a germ phobe anyway.

Rebecca said...

I completely agree. Since I only have experience with the babies, I will share what I know. At the church we went to before, all the children in the baby class had their own basket of teaching aids. We pulled out each child's basket before class and only gave them "their" things to look at. They still got cleaned, but if there were any germs left on them, they were the child's own germs. Mom and I have always thought it was a good idea.
And yeah for your big show!!! That is great! You going to take Charile out and celebrate?

Melissa Lester said...

I hope Cooper is feeling better. That is a tough schedule for you to keep, I'm sure, with breathing treatments every four hours. I hope you, Charlie and Austin can stay well!