Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Breathing Treatments

It's 12:00 in the AM and I'm waiting for 12:30 to give Coop his next treatment. The Dr. yesterday gave him two treatments in the office and sent us off with four prescriptons to fill. Needless to say, three hours later and $424 poorer we were home and getting more medicine. A bright side is that Cooper met his deductiable today for prescriptions and now we'll get % back!

But, we are doing treatments every three hours through the night and then every four tomorrow and then on a needed basis. Coop had two ear infections too. And now he will get a breathing treatment every night for six months and then we'll check it all out again.

Big brother has been coughing ALL DAY! He told me today that his chest was hurting...I felt so bad, we've all had those coughs that make us hurt and to do it for hours and hours... He also told me "I have a crab in my throat". Don't you just hate getting those "crabs" otherwise known as "frogs" in your throat! So, everyone's doctored up and sleeping...hopefully I'll be too soon.

Mom's coming to watch the boys for me today because my class has a field trip to see Seussical at Davis Theatre. And we're having our Valentine's party tomorrow after the field trip. And I just took the last batch of cookies out of the oven for tomorrow. It's great having family close by to help out. I just couldn't see having a sub or someone else take my class on a field trip.

Anyways...I think I'm going to go unload the dishwasher or something to pass the next few minutes til I wake Coop for meds.
Thanks for all the concerns and prayers, they are comforting and needed.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well my word!! I am sure that he will start feeling better with the medicine. Do you feel like it should be "liquid gold" for that price?! It is crazy how much medicine costs!! I hope Austin feels better soon as well. These sick kids are just everywhere. Reese woke up with the "barking seal cough" this morning. I just stared at him for a few seconds like "I can't believe what I am hearing"! He seems to feel fine though. Well maybe you will get some more sleep soon and things will get back to normal. I will end my "novel" now. Let me know if you need me for any reason.

Melissa Lester said...

Are you just exhausted? Bless your heart. I hope Cooper is feeling better. I feel so blessed that we have never had to do breathing treatments. I hope you are all getting some relief!

Leah said...

Bless your heart! Hope they're feeling better!