Sunday, September 28, 2008

Breakfast Yummies!

These two recipes were perfect to take to class for our breakfast snacks on Sunday. If you weren't there, try them they're YUMMY!

Just like in the education field, if you see an activity, art project, routine, etc. that you like you OWN IT! Meaning take it and make it your own. Because in education you want everyone, students and teachers, to succeed. So, OWN these recipes, make them your own and pass on to someone else who may benefit from them! I'm sure these treats would brighten any teachers, co-workers, or bosses morning!

Breakfast Casserole Muffins
1 lb. hot sausage, browned and drained
6 eggs
1 cup biscuit mix
2 cups of Half and Half
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray. Place drained sausage evenly in the cups. Mix eggs, biscuit mix, half & half, salt and pepper together. Pour evenly over the sausage. Top with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.

Variation---To make mini muffins, divide sausage evenly in 3 mini muffin tins (24 mini muffins in one tin=72 muffins total). Decrease baking time to 15 minutes.

Donna's Cinnamon Things
2 pkg. crescent rolls
2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with one package crescent rolls. Whip together cream cheese, vanilla, and 1/2 cup sugar. Spread on rolls. Cover with other package of crescent rolls. Melt butter and pour over top. Spread around to cover evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and cut into about one inch square pieces.

**They make crescent roll dough now in sheets! (Still in the can.) Which was wonderful to use for this recipe so you didn't have to pinch the seams together to make a flat sheet of dough.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Thanks Julie! These were delicious I can't wait to make them. YUMMY!!!

Melissa Lester said...

I'm sorry I missed these. I will have to try those recipes soon. And I'm pleased to see the corn salad recipe below. I loved it, so I'm so glad to posted it.

Louise said...

These sound great!! I can't wait to try them! Thanks!!

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

Thanks again for the recipes. They were both so yummy. I can't wait to attempt to make them :)

Kristen said...

I didn't get to try these at church, but they sound delicious. And I love that the recipe looks easy enough for even me. I can't wait to try it.