Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Day!


Yesterday was my Birthday, 32nd! I went though some old pictures and found some to reminisce over the years. Pictured above was my best neighborhood friend Sharon. We were having a Birthday party for my Cabbage Patch doll Wilda Lee Austin!


I liked this pic for two reasons. One because it shows that I have had long hair and second because of who I'm holding. For those of you who go to UCC you can probably tell who it is... Todd Oliver. His mom Peggy use to babysit me when I was little, then I babysat her kids and now Todd and Lauren babysit my kids. We'll see how long we can keep this going!

This is a class picture from a field trip in 1986 to the Battery in Charleston. I'm at the top in the pink shirt. I really thought this was a neat pic because who knew that 12 years later my husband would propose to me in that very same gazebo! We have a print of this park and gazebo that hangs above our fireplace.

And those of you who know my family...thought you'd like this pic. Again I have long permed hair! Allen's got the comb back hair and Dad still has hair! And Mom looks pretty as always!

So, enjoy this look back and I'm looking forward to 32 more fabulous years to come!

8 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

Happy birthday, Julie! I loved seeing these glimpses into your past. It's so neat that your family has a longstanding relationship with the Olivers. That's inspiring!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday! I loved seeing Todd Oliver - so neat to have that connection!

Rebecca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVED the pictures!!

Chad said...

Happy Birthday.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!! I had no idea we were the same age...I always thought you were younger, I guess it's because you were my little sister for pledge week! Loved the pictures!

Louise said...

Happy late birthday! We were just in Charleston and I miss it already!! While were at the Battery on Saturday, there was a couple getting married there. It was so nice!!

Leah said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love looking at the pictures and strolling down memory lane with you!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are GREAT! I love Allen's hair, I was laughing so hard!! Happy 32nd...we're the same age!