Thursday, May 15, 2008

Flowers






Today was our last day of school! It's been a wonderful year teaching part-time. But, it's also been a big adjustment teaching part-time and teaching 4 yr. olds. I've learned a lot and have plans to revise many techniques and curriculum for the next year. The parents this year were fabulous! (And that alone can make or break a school year.) Here are some pics of the beautiful flowers I was blessed to receive from students and parents. Because flowers will only last for so long...I used my time alone (the boys were napping) to unwind after a long day and took pics. I'm thinking of doing canvas prints or blowups and using them for art in the house. And of course I'll name the prints just like the professionals; they would be--Gerber Cole, Taylor Daisy Madison, Rose Jordan and Hydrangea Gracie (not pictured yet, someone woke up from nap!) Silly as it may sound, I would like to remember these gifts and students in a special way. Hopefully, naps will last longer next time and I'll get the Hydrangeas pictured. Enjoy God's creation!





6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the flower pics! How sweet of you to name them after your students...that's a great idea. I'm sure the canvases will look great! :-)

Anonymous said...

amazing flower shots!

Arlene,
Federal Way flowers

Louise said...

These are great pictures!!! And I'm sure the flowers are just gorgeous in person!

Rebecca said...

I am sure you are glad to be done with school, but at the same time will miss the children.

I love the flowers! Great shots!

Kristen said...

You did such a great job taking these pics. They look like something from a magazine!!

Melissa Lester said...

How pretty, and what a wonderful way to remember all your students! And thank you for the sweet picture you took of Christian for Mother's Day. It is displayed on my refrigerator right next to the one you took of Carson at that age!