Monday, May 19, 2008

Get-A-Way to the ATL








For Mother's Day I was given a Get-A-Way trip to wherever to go shopping and relax with just my hubby and no children. What a wonderful gift! It does seem kind of odd to give a gift of no children around for Mother's Day, but sometimes that's just what a Mother NEEDS! So, this past weekend Charlie and I set out for Atlanta for good food, shopping and relaxation. And we did just that. Though on the way back home we sat in ATL traffic for an hour, but we started counting all the different license plates and 16 was the final count. Then I got out the camera and started taking pics. I'm sure those in the cars beside us thought "Crazy tourist, taking pictures while stuck in traffic". But, it was fun and the only pics of the weekend. On our way home the sunset was just beautiful. A perfect ending to the perfect weekend. Thanks, sweetie, for an awesome gift!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am glad y'all had a great time! Isn't it nice to get away!

Jason Mullenix said...

I am so happy to see you guys doing so well. I just wanted to let you know that I am in the blog world now.

Chad said...

Sounds like you had fun. The picture showing the traffic in the reflection of his sunglasses was pretty cool.

Melissa Lester said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! Joe and I are looking forward to a weekend away, and Joe has already left to deliver two of the children to grandparents. The other two will be going to grandparents tomorrow, then Joe and I will be on our way!

Unknown said...

I love the sunglasses picture! Those weekend trips and few and far between!!