Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Big Girls Don't Cry

Alright, the ring tone on my phone is Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie. And now after going to the dentist yesterday I feel that I need to change it. I don't mind going for a cleaning, but if they're going to get in there and do work I've got to really get my mind ready. So, they have two cavities to clean and fill. The first one goes great and quick. But the second, not so much...after about five shots to numb the nerves still no luck. Mind you after each shot and waiting a few minutes Dr. E goes back to work trying dig and drill out the yuck... and I STILL FEEL PAIN! Finally after an hour and half Dr. E decides to fill it with a temp. and we'll try again in a week. So, I keep myself together checking out, getting my new appt., but when I go to the lobby and Charlie asks how everything went I just break down and cry. Austin said "Mom stop crying, you're making Cooper cry". So, sobbing and trying to tell him all the details through a half numb mouth was pitiful. I was just so disappointed that I've got to go back and do it all over again in a week. But, just to say how nice Dr. E is he came out into the parking lot to check and make sure I was alright. Then he called at home later last night to check again. And by 8:30 I had most of my feeling back into my mouth. So, maybe Big Girls Do Cry...only at the dentist!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Bless your heart! I HATE work at the dentist - I have had more fillings than I can even count. I feel your pain - and yes, it IS OK to cry where dental work is concerned!

Leah said...

Bless your heart! I, like Kristi, hate the dentist too! I go, only because of the necessity & example for my children...I'm breaking into a cold sweat just thinking about it!

Rebecca said...

Well my goodness! I am so sorry you had a bad time at the dentist. I haven't had to go through that before (knock on wood-no cavities) but if I ever have that, then I might have to get you to come hold my hand!

Melissa Lester said...

My sister hated going to the dentist growing up and once bit the dentist's hand. My mom sent her back the next day with homemade cookies and an apology. I'm sure dentists understand our apprehension. You would be such a sweet patient, so I'm sure your dentist will do everything he can to help you feel comfortable!

Kristi said...

That Rebecca with the perfect teeth... ARGH! LOL

Rebecca said...

For Kristi- I will admit I have had a root canal. Also, Dr. E had to pull out my baby teeth when it came time for them to come out, they wouldn't fall out on their own. THANKS FOR THE LAUGH GIRL!

Unknown said...

I can't believe Rebecca hasn't ever had a cavity!! Just brag a little , girl. :-) J/K

I know what you mean about the dentist...that's why I haven't been in a YEAR (I can't belive I just admitted to that). I use Dr. E too and he is great, but teeth are just frustrating at times. I hope it's better for you when you go back.