Monday, April 27, 2009

A Roller Coaster

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster of emotions this past week and need prayers. It began several weeks ago with the planning of Austin's 5th Birthday party. This was is first "real" birthday party; inviting friends from church and school, theme, food, cake, fun, treats, etc. All was going well and we were busy getting the house ready, food, and decorations ready.

Then on Tuesday of last week Charlie got a phone call that two of his football players had been killed in a car accident. Life stopped and changed. Our hearts sank and the flood gates opened and prayers went up. The mood in our house was different. Daddy was now occupied with more pressing issues, obviously. I tried to keep the household going and party planning.

With last Friday passing, so did one of the funerals. May God bless this family and comfort them!

Then Saturday came with the big party. Everything went smoothly and the excitement was high! Austin LOVED having all his friends over to play! He is my social boy and likes to have someone to play with. I thank God for the five years He's given Austin to us and pray for many more to come.

Sunday was a day of peace, worship, and a much need Sunday afternoon nap (that almost made us last for PM service)!

Monday came with much anticipation of the memorial service at Faulkner for the two players. And knowing that was coming set the solemn mood. Until I found out that my grandmother had been put in the hospital Sunday night. Then worry set in. The boys and I found her still in the ER when we got to the hospital Monday morning. She was moved to a room later and we are now just waiting. Waiting to see if she begins to improve or not. She has Alzheimer's, is 88 years old, has not been eating or drinking much or at all, fell Sunday morning, and is just getting over Shingles.

So as Monday comes to a close, I feel that I've been on an emotional roller coaster. Charlie has one more funeral this Friday. Please pray for comfort and healing for this family!

I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster that Our Lord and Savior was on. Healing the sick, blind, rejoicing with the believers, being spat upon, teaching, praying, preaching, and trying to make others understand. The emotions I feel are nothing new. They are the same He felt. And He is our strength that will help us through it all.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Ms Julie, you did an incredible job with Austin's party. Hayes had an amazing time!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there!

Margie said...

You make me so proud to be your mom. Thank you for being who and what you are. I love you!!

Kara said...

I love what you wrote at the end. It's so true, and I know I tend to forget that often.

Rebecca said...

And the free loaders that came and invaded your house at Sunday lunch....oh that was me! You are definitely in my prayers, as is the Faulkner family. Let me know if you need anything, even if it is just an ear. You have been there for me too many times to count.

Melissa Lester said...

This has been a trying time, and I will pray for you and all of the Faulkner family. In the midst of all the sadness and worry, you planned such a wonderful party. I'm sure seeing all those happy little faces gave you a lift. Thanks for making us feel so welcome, even when your heart was heavy.