Monday, April 13, 2009

It wasn't me thinking!

Referring to the previous post...it wasn't me thinking, it was God! After moving rooms around, I began to clean out a closet in the old office, now playroom. While doing so, I found something strange on the side wall of the closet. There are shelves on the inside of the closet and when I pulled everything off on of the shelves, there it was. Some dirt on the wall. I proceeded to brush the dirt off and found a tiny hole, a pin hole size. My heart dropped into my stomach! I knew exactly what it was, thanks to my sister-in-law having trouble with these at her house too, TERMITES.

We set up for someone to come take a look and tell us what was going on. Sure enough, we have termites, but have caught them early enough. This small hole is the only visible sign of them and we are having the house treated next week for over $800.

I mention all this to say, I truly believe that it was God motivating me to start moving rooms around a week ago today. Who knows how long this problem would have gone on unnoticed! God knew it was time. Time to move rooms, time to clean out closets, and time for tax money to be coming in. All in His timing!

I guess that's why He laughed too when I had big plans for this past weekend. Finish cleaning out rooms, school work, birthday party work, graduation party work, grocery shopping, making curtains, painting dresser, making Easter lunch, etc. Because he had other plans for Charlie and I. We've been sick for days with food poisoning. Yes, it was my cooking--some chicken on last Tuesday and we both took leftovers to lunch on Wednesday.

So, we are trying to get better. Just weak and sore. Thankfully, that night of the chicken, the boys were being picky and didn't want to eat what Momma made for supper. My final words before allowing them to get up from the table were "This is all you get to eat tonight! You can eat now or go to bed hungry! Don't ask for anything else to eat tonight!" And they both got up and never complained. Do you think they knew something! ;) Like Charlie said, out of the thousands of meals that you've made and we've only gotten sick from one, that's not bad. But, that's one too many for me!

So, we will hopefully get caught up this week on everything and celebrate Easter another weekend!

5 comments:

Coach Lewis said...

Hey hope you guys feel better, and glad you caught the Termites early! Did Allen & Angie ever have their guy come out?

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you found them early.
I hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Hope everybody's feeling better!

Ree

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about the termites and the sickness. I hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

God never fails His children!