Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Am I Crazy when...

we go to a store and they have all the school supplies out and I get really excited? Walking through the store today I had to stop by the school supply aisles and look around. The boys don't need school supplies yet but, their momma does! Or I think I do. I had to really contemplate and have self control on whether I needed a new notebook, folders, dividers, pens or not. I just get so giddy this time of year to get NEW fine point Sharpies in all different colors! Is it the teacher in me or are there others who like school supplies as much as I do? And the idea of New crayons that are sharp and in 72 colors just makes me want to buy a coloring book and color with the kiddos. Crazy as it may be but sometimes the simplest pleasures are the best! And while the boys napped today I put those new supplies to good use and organized all my lesson plans for the year in page protectors and a cute notebook!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, I'm just as bad as you are. Even before we had kids I had to stop in the school supply aisle every year around this time. Brandon just laughs at me. I have so many notebooks, pens, etc. It's not even funny...at least now I can justify it with having kids that need new color crayons, etc. :)

T. Brodie said...

I am the exact same way. I find myself sneaking things in the buggy when Chris isn't looking, just because I MIGHT "need" it sometime this year! Or, I have to walk back to the section and put things back, convincing myself that it's not something that I really need- just want to buy new things! I don't have kids, but find ways to justify it all anyways.

Kristi said...

I can just THINK of the smell of the boxes we had in grade school - you remember - the ones that were cardboard with a hinged lid? They kept all the crayons, glue, etc. for the year. It makes me miss those days!

Rebecca said...

Luckily with my job I can still buy supplies and use them. I don't have a use for crayons, but I am sure I could find one. I had to make myself stop buying cool pens and markers and use the ones I have. I am happy that I have almost used them all up and I can go get more!!!

Kelly said...

I am the same way!!

Louise said...

I have no excuse! I don't have kids, I'm not a teacher, I can't even say that I scrapbook or anything crafty! I just like school supplies!! :)

Leah said...

I'm with you! I got to buy myself a few, justifiably, this year!!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

I hear you!! I LOVE pens!! This year I'll get to buy Brock a few school items and I might sneak some for myself! HeHe

Melissa Lester said...

Kristi mentioned the hinged pencil boxes; I always love the sound they made when they were new. You are definitely in the right profession!

Kristen said...

I know exactly how you feel. Not so much with crayons but definetly with pens and calculators. Especially red pens. It must be the math teacher in me!! I get new stuff every year even when I don't need anything.