Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If you don't have anything nice to say...

I took my 4 year old class to see Winnie-the-Pooh today at ASF. It was really good! All the students seemed to enjoy the performance. Austin and Olivia from the 3 year old class came too and they were able to sit through it and enjoyed it. I just got discouraged afterwards when a parent commented "Well that was...interesting". I don't know if they were expecting Disney World costumes or what, but the actors did a wonderful job! That one comment just let all the air out of my sail. Everyone was excited, worked hard organizing the trip, and no thanks. I won't let that one keep me down, that's why as teachers we have to expose children to all the arts and opportunities because their parents won't do it. And teach children at a young age that "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".



Anyways, here are some Christmas pictures because I'm just now getting on this blog spot thing.

They helped brighten my day looking back at them, maybe they'll brighten yours too.



6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well I bet the kids had a wonderful time anyway. They are lucky to have you as a teacher.

Leah said...

Shame on that parent! You've got the right attitude and outlook and those kids are blessed to have you. Carson's class is going to see it next week. The Christmas pictures are great. I LOVE the window from your Grandmothers. That is beautiful.

Rebecca said...

You've been tagged...see my blog for details :)

Unknown said...

I just found your blog through Rebecca's...glad you're on here! I LOVE the picture of the boys at the top of your page? Did you take it yourself? If so, will you take some of my boys and how much do you charge? I can do pictures of them by themselves, but trying to get them together is another story...BTW ~ our family website is: www.themaddoxfamily.net. Have a great weekend!

Nancy Hood said...

I was so tickled to see you listed on Jen's blog. You'll have to visit ours as well! Can't wait to go back now and check out Glenna's darlings!!!

Three plus Me said...

Thanks Jenny. I did take the pics of the boys. I just dyed a big painting drop cloth gray, drapped it over the back a chair and let the rest gather on the floor. Then snapped away and out of probably 50 shots I got 8 good ones! The house looks like it's coming along great!